Extremely high quality. It is produced by means specialist piece of equipment to produce it called a demineralisation plant or a deionisation plant. After completion of chemical treatment .
The incoming water passes over a series of SPECIALIZED RESIN BEADS which remove mineral ions and other impurities from the water. This is why Demineralised Water is also known as Deionised Water; the process removes minerals and ions leaving water which is de-mineralised or de-ionised. Demineralised Water is also known as Demin Water, DI Water and DIW.
Demineralised Water –
Conductivity : < 10.0 Micromohms/cm.
TDS : 3 – 4 PPM,
Hardness – Nil ,
Chloride – Nil,
Total Alkalinity : 5- 6 PPM
This type of water is routinely used for:-
- Laboratory applications such as autoclaves and laboratory testing
- Automotive cooling systems
- ‘Lead-acid’ type vehicle batteries
- Laser cutting
- Steam irons
- Cosmetics (where the word ‘aqua’ appears on an ingredients list it often refers to Demineralised Water)
- Fine-mist fire-fighting equipment
- Aircraft engine cooling systems
- The final rinse of car and window washing systems as it leaves no smears