Fenitrothion is a brownish-yellow oil. Used as a selective acaricide
Pesticides Fenitrothion is a brownish-yellow oil. Used as a selective acaricide and a contact and stomach insecticide against chewing and sucking insects on rice, orchard fruits, vegetables, cereals, cotton and forest. Also used against flies, mosquitoes, and cockroaches.
In agriculture fenitrothion is used to control many plat insect pests. It is widely used in sanitaion to control and kill mosquitoes, flies, bed bugs, flea, cockroach, etc.
- Application is prohibiled during the 10-15 days before havest.
- Avoid inhaling air contaioning fenifrothion mist,don't let fenitrothion contact your skin, After manipulation wash hands,face,and other parts contacted with the liquid with soap and clean water.
- Antidote: Atropine, PAM
APPLICATIONS AND BUFFER ZONES
Control of Locusts and Grasshoppers, Sitona Weevil in Lucerne, and Blackheaded Pasture Cockchafer, Corbie and Winter Corbie. Aerial application: DO NOT apply at rates greater than 350ml/ha. DO NOT apply without a buffer zone of AT LEAST 300m when applied upwind of sensitive areas including (but not limited to) natural streams, rivers, waterways, human dwellings or neighbouring properties.
Apply fenitrothion by air-assisted, misting, electrostatic and boom sprayers. Boom sprays and Electrostatic DO NOT apply without a buffer zone of AT LEAST 50m at rate of 350ml/ha and below and AT LEAST 100m where rates are greater than 350ml/ha when applied upwind of sensitive areas including (but not limited to) natural streams, rivers, waterways, human dwellings or neighbouring properties. Misters and Air-assisted.
DO NOT apply without a buffer zone of AT LEAST 100m at rates of 350ml/ha and below and AT LEAST 300m where rates are greater than 350ml/ha when applied upwind of sensitive areas including (but not limited to) natural streams, rivers, waterways, human dwellings or neighbouring properties.
Pesticides Fenitrothion Insecticide may be subject to specific resistance strategies.
Grain: Maximum efficiency of the product in grain protection is dependent upon its even distribution through the grain, the absence of infestation at uptake, sufficiently low moisture content ie. Less than 12% and storage temperature of below 27oC.
Mixing: Mix the required amount of spray for immediate use. Slowly add Pesticides Fenitrothion to required amount of water in tank and agitate well before commencing to spray.
Equipment (Grain): The diluted spray should be applied through specialized grain spraying equipment. Important: the spray nozzle must be capable of delivery of an even spray pattern.
Cleaning: On completion, wash out spray equipment, mixing and measuring utensils with water.
Ground Spraying To minimise exposure, a vehicle equipped with an enclosed cab should be used for ground spraying operations when practicable. It is highly desirable that closed mixing/loading systems are in place and enclosed cabs fitted. It would be preferable that the enclosed cabs are equipped with air-conditioning and pesticide filters.
|Appearance||Light brownish liquid|
|Vapor Pressure||0 mmHg at 25°C|
|Water Solubility||0.003 g/100 mL|
Molecular Formula : C9H12NO5PS
Molecular Weight : 277.23
- Apperance: red-brown or light yellow. Transparent oil liquid,witha little specific odor.
- Donesity: 1.32-1.34g/cm3(25°C)
- Solubility: It's solubility in water at room temperature is about 14mg/L, soluble in most organic solvents, slightly sobuble in prtroleum ehter.
- Vapor Pressure: 18mPa/20°C
- Stability: Relatively stable to room temperature. Easily decomposed in solution of strong base.
- Fenitrothion : purity 96.5%
- Acidity(as H2SO4): 0.3% by mass (Max)
- Wate content: 0.2% by mass(Max) (Karl Fischer)
- Fonitrothion has contact activit, is an efficient, broad spectrum insecticide of low toxicity. To rat it's oralacute LD50 is LD50 is 800mg/kg. It's acute dermal LD50 to rat is 890mg/kg(male),1200mg/kg(eat).